Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Side Order of Life (Part II)

Today was a real eye-opener for me. From my vantage point, it seemed to me as if I could see pretty much all of life spreading out before me. This morning, during the worship service, we celebrated a baptism, after church my wife had put together an impromptu birthday party for me, later this afternoon I had a memorial/committal service for a woman who had passed away a week ago, and then later on in the afternoon we celebrated with the family of the young boy who had been baptized this morning.

It rather reminds me of the famous verse from Ecclesiastes "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."

L'chayim! L'chayim! To life!
To Life! To Life! L'Chayim!

I Bid You Peace!

Pastor Ken+

2 comments:

DonKelly said...

Welcome to the wide world of blogging. I'll drop a link to here on my own blog to help along your traffic flow... all 3 people who read mine might stop over here.

Anonymous said...

The party was fun wasn't it? I mean the one for the baptism anyway. We were so glad you and your family had fun with us and I personally want to thank everyone for welcoming us so warmly to the church. -Dawn-